1) Stretch: stretch your arms, legs and back. You can do it sitting or laying on your back. Raise your hands, lift your feet, and turn your neck (slowly). Stretching improves posture, increases blood flow to your extremities, relieves your neck and thoracic spine, and decreases tension.
2) Salt: decrease salt intake to 1,500mg daily. One teaspoon is equivalent to 2,300mg of salt. One tablespoon of teriyaki sauce has 700mg of salt. Curbing your salt will save you from high blood pressure, which will help decrease your risk of strokes and heart attacks.
3) Smile: a cheerful heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22). You’re alive, you’re breathing on your own, you are able to read this sentence, and you have much to be thankful for, living in the land of the free and the home of the brave!
4) Salmon: eat wild salmon (farmed may have pesticides, insecticides and heavy metal). Salmon is a super food, high in omega-3 fatty acids, which is heart healthy because of the powerful antioxidant (carotenoid astaxanthin). Other super foods are blueberries, strawberries, almonds, sweet potatoes, kidney beans, spinach, and tomatoes. Treat the tomato as an apple; the lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, will make your heart smile!
5) Sweat: Walk 10 minutes briskly on a daily basis, and break a sweat. It will add longevity to your life and decrease the risk of depression and osteoarthritis.
**Bonus** Serve people, it will revive your soul!